What is better than relaxing in the sunshine, lounging on quality, comfortable outdoor furniture? Over the years, outdoor patio furniture has been designed to not only look great, but to withstand harsh outdoor environments.
How do you choose the most durable, hard-wearing, and long-lasting outdoor furniture? Suncoast Furniture has the answers! Understanding the optimal material for outdoor furniture in your environment is critical.
With a little planning and the right patio furniture, you can enjoy your residential or commercial outdoor space that’s furnished to last. Let Suncoast Furniture help guide you through the most popular and long-lasting outdoor furniture materials.
Choosing Patio Furniture that Lasts
- Ensure furniture options are comfortable in addition to their aesthetic appeal.
- Fabric naturally contributes to the look and feel of patio comfort and helps soften hard pieces.
- Add cushions. Plenty of cushions will contribute to a relaxing
- Search for fabrics that are designed for outdoor use.
- Spun polyester with UV protection is good, but not fade resistant.
Search for patio furniture that can withstand the extreme climate conditions in your area.
Hot, dry climates can be detrimental to some materials.
Climate changes can be sudden and drastic so choosing the right furniture and issuing proper care is important for longevity.
- Opt for patio furniture with low-maintenance properties. Materials respond to weather conditions differently and ultimately this affects the amount of maintenance they will require .
- Aluminum, in particular, is sun and rust resistant and a simple coat of wax will keep it looking new,
How Long Does Patio Furniture Last?
Patio furniture will last until the elements or use break it down. In addition to quality, frame material is an important factor in determining furniture’s lifespan. There are a plethora of choices, each with their own unique qualities.
Duration: 20+ years
- As the name implies, cast furniture is made from aluminum that has gone through a casting process.
- One of the best choices available among metal patio furniture options.
- Cast aluminum outperforms other common materials in versatility, strength, weight, and the level of maintenance required.
Duration: 7 to 15 years
Duration: 1 year (if left outside) but can last several years if cushions are maintained.
Duration: 5+ years
- Sling chairs are one of the most common and comfortable types of outside furniture.
- Sling patio furniture is a high-quality option at an attractive price point.
- All Phifer sling fabrics are woven from durable, resilient PVC-coated polyester yarns.
- Sling chair frames are always made from high-quality aluminum that never rests, cracks, or peels. The lightweight nature of the frame makes it easy to move around your patio space.
Duration: 5 to 10 years
- Wicker is traditionally made from materials with plant origins, such as willow, rattan, reed, and bamboo, but synthetic fibers are now also used.
- Wicker is light yet sturdy, making it suitable for pieces that will be moved often like porch and patio furniture.
Enjoy the Great Outdoors with Suncoast Furniture
Outdoor furniture is a natural extension of your home’s style. Suncoast Furniture offers an extensive variety of outdoor furniture designed and built for the great outdoors. Our quality furniture options are crafted using only the finest elements that are naturally tough and resilient.
From luxury outdoor lounges to contemporary outdoor dining sets, our collection is developed to complement a range of unique styles. Whether you’re looking for modern outdoor furniture for your garden, patio, deck, courtyard, or balcony, Suncoast Furniture has something for you.
Browse through the Suncoast Furniture collection online or visit one of our showrooms to discover how wonderful outdoor living can truly be. Call Suncoast Furniture at (239) 488-1444